Press and Media
Find out the most recent news on the work of the Yorkshire Arboretum, our flora and fauna, and our events and exhibitions programme. Click on any image to see the related release.
In The Media
Recent and upcoming media coverage of the Yorkshire Arboretum. Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
Click on the image to listen to our Director, John Grimshaw, on Gareth Barlow's Yorkshire Farming show on BBC Radio York from Sunday 28th August 2016 (fast forward to 41:25 to jump directly to the interview). John was discussing the arboretum's new online, interactive map - a first for a UK botanic garden and a unique resource for visitors and researchers.
Press Photography and Filming
Non-commercial photography and filming that the Director thinks will benefit The Yorkshire Arboretum (e.g. by publicising its scientific work, its events programme or its status as a visitor attraction) is permitted free of charge or part-charged depending on its nature and duration.
Press photographers are welcome to visit the arboretum free of charge to obtain images for specific media outlets or syndication. Please show your credentials at the ticket desk to obtain free entry. On publication, all images must be accompanied by the full name of the site (The Yorkshire Arboretum) and our website address (www.yorkshirearboretum.org). It would be appreciated, though not essential, if press photographers would notify our team (firstname.lastname@example.org) of their intention to visit and their visit objectives.
For all non-commercial filming please contact us (email@example.com) in the first instance. For commercial filming please click here for further details.
Guidelines for non-commercial filming:
- An itinerary must be submitted before any filming in the arboretum is agreed. Location, plant or interview specifics and an estimate of the timings involved must be included, allowing us to arrange access to the required areas and/or people.
- A location release must be signed by the Director prior to filming. A copy of your insurance certificate must also be supplied.
- No vehicles are allowed into the arboretum. We may be able to transport your crew/kit in an arboretum vehicle but this must be requested in advance and cannot be guaranteed. We therefore recommend that crew wear clothing suitable to an outdoor, parkland environment and the season, and you bring a trolley to transport your kit around the arboretum.
- Film crews must be accompanied at all times while in the arboretum. Your filming is dependent upon staff availability.
- It is the film crew's responsibility to supply personal/parental release forms and obtain signatures prior to filming. If prior consent is not gained in the form of a signed document, no filming/interview is possible.
- The Yorkshire Arboretum is a visitor attraction and our visitors expect a quiet and peaceful environment. We ask that you respect this and discourage interaction with the public.
- Non-commercial filming is not permitted outside of standard opening hours, which vary seasonally. Please check them here.
The Yorkshire Arboretum is pleased to supply images from its library for press and media use that will benefit The Yorkshire Arboretum (e.g. by publicising its scientific work, its events or its status as a visitor attraction). Please send your image request to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much detail as possible about the image(s) you require (e.g. orientation, size ratio, colour/B&W, seasonal content etc.). All images thus provided must be credited as notified.